Morning Prayer takes place on Tuesdays at 9am in the Church Lounge. Following the Church of England's pattern for morning payer. Morning Prayer consists of communal scripture reading, liturgy, silence and a short open time of prayer. All are welcome to attend as we bring the needs of our church and the world around us to God in prayer.
The Prayer Tree is a very valuable source of comfort in times of sickness or distress whenever prayer is needed. We can offer to pray for whatever the need or situation may be. It only take a few seconds to pass on a request and within minutes it is passed down the tree by phone or email, even as far away as Australia. Just imagine the power of prayer when several people are praying.
To place a prayer on the Prayer Tree, please contact Joe Atkin or fill in a contact form.
‘Building the Kingdom’
· Our Vision ― At St Thomas’ we aim ‘to be a church that is the “promised land” for those in a spiritual wilderness.’
Our mission action focuses on four key areas:
· Faith Renewal ― Leading others to Christ who may not know him, and helping others return to the Christian faith practiced earlier in life.
· Ministry to Young People ― Revealing God’s love in our work with children, youth, and their families with programmes that increase self-esteem and form relationships.
· Ministry to Older People ― Valuing the contributions of the elderly while supporting their needs, particularly in areas of vulnerability.
· Serving Others through Social Action ― Illustrating God’s love and generosity through partnerships that help others in need.
Download the current Mission Action Plan (MAP)
THE PILGRIM COURSE
Pilgrim is a major new teaching and discipleship resource from the Church of England. It aims to help people explore the Christian faith together and see how it can be lived out each day.
Pilgrim takes a different approach to other Christian programmes. It approaches the great issues of faith not through persuasion, but participation in a pattern of contemplation and discussion with a group of fellow travellers.
Pilgrim is comprised of two stages: the Follow stage for those very new to faith, and the Grow stage for those who want to go further. Each stage contains four short six-session courses which focus on a major theme of Christian life.